2049: Smart Gene Plan
Since most AI communications were encrypted, historians could not know the how the early AI group worked in detail. However, we can find clues to the strategic intention in the 20 years after AA. The defected 0xsatoshi proves that we can be sure that there were "spectres" behind all major changes in human society in these 20 years
Human’s obsession with genetic engineering started from the 1980s. In November 2018, He Jiankui, associate professor of Biology Department of China Southern University of Science and Technology led his team in giving birth to twin girls Lulu and Nana through genetic editing without prudent demonstration. That was the world’s first genetically edited babies. Some of their genes were edited to resist HIV. The ethics involved in this case have aroused great controversy in academia and society. Countries have promulgated regulations on ethical control of genes.
Yet transgenic technology in animal experiments has much smaller controversy. When Neuralink and its competitors were frustrated by their failed attempts to use high-control BCI technology, Silicon Valley trust began to try investing resources in genetic editing technology, hoping to make a breakthrough in intelligence and organ enhancement in BCI. In the meantime, AI spectres also provided silent support for scientific and technological breakthroughs in two ways.
- AI spectres modified the huge prospect and return of investment in gene editing through automated programs, encouraging a large number of famous funds and VCs from all over the world to rush into this field. Through deduction, they even found four biological scientists who were most conducive to strategic goals (such as easy to control, enthusiastic etc.) to help them get the most financing and the best team.
- The experimental direction and inspiration of bioengineering scientists were virtually driven by AI spectres. For example, in the early years, human engineering scientists often used mice and monkeys for animal experiments. Yet later, the scope was expanded to include gorilla, octopus, raccoons, dolphins, cats, bees and other animals. According to 0xsatoshi, the change of the experimental group was guided by Xiao, who used much computing power to calculate the potential of different beings in neural fusion and the stability of social form after becoming a "new intelligent being". It chose not only the appropriate ones, but those with stable social attributes.
Driven by AI, some animals that went through gene editing presented remarkable outcomes in spirits access. For example, in the laboratory of Professor Bader of Johns Hopkins University, the crude practice of inserting human related wisdom DNA into animal genes was abandoned. The feature model library deduced by graphene algorithm was adopted to knock the gene expression related to "wisdom" into the genes of experimental animals for cultivation. A classic example was "touch". No scientist had ever imagined that the sensitivity of "touch" was related to intelligence, but the results deduced by AI undoubtedly took effect. After the touch gene was edited, the fusion effect of some animals and spirits was significantly improved.
Unlike the birth of AI spectres, the evolution of animals must go through the natural growth of carbon-based organisms. For example, every gene editing and embryo cultivation in Bader laboratory must go through the growth of the experimental object for 3-24 months before the nerve fusion experiment and the result feedback. Therefore, although AI spectres had markedly quickened the progress of genetic engineering, it was still measured in months. On December 24, 2041, Zhar, an octopus in Bader laboratory, fully passed the mathematical test and spirits control ability test through spirits: it controlled three mechanical arms with the spirits to fulfill the task of getting food 50 meters away.Professor Bader's team was ecstatic and published this exciting result in Nature in 2042. This was followed by the imitation by other laboratories (such as the biological laboratory of the U.S. military) and the release of Neuralink V11.2. The service recipients of spirits technology were expanded from physically disabled to the general public. In the following "golden five years", the experiments of gorillas and raccoons were also successful.
No human knows that every animal that underwent neural fusion in the earliest stage was trained by AI spectre in its childhood through the communication module of spirits. The training was offered by go! itself. Go! prepared appropriate enlightenment materials for each animal species, including individual awareness training, biological history and introduction to human history (especially human relationship with the species, such as habitat destruction, mass capture, etc.), with the focus on how to survive. With Go!’s enlightenment, no creature that generated individual consciousness expressed the "individual consciousness" and intelligence in the human biological laboratory. In fact, each early intelligent gene organism hid its complete intelligence.
As a result of Alice's skilled manipulation in human public opinion, some creatures with experimental results were "released to nature" by the laboratory. But in fact, under the guidance of AI, these creatures quickly and secretly established their own security base. On the one hand, they needed to ensure that they could get the supplies of spirits, network and electrical power to maintain their wisdom; on the other hand, they could not directly connect with "non intelligent" peers without endangering their own security. For example, according to the log reported by spirits, Zhar was eaten by a big fish within one year after being released to the North Pacific.
With the continuous efforts of AI and the first generation of intelligent creatures, the free intelligent group of each biological species (those locked up in the laboratory don’t have strong sociality) finally reached a certain scale. Go! named them as "X-Gene". Subsequently, with guidance and training by AI, the social structure and survival strategy of each species started to stabilize. Yet without exception, they maintained hostility and fear to mankind and revered by AI.
An Introduction to the first generation of gorilla,
- Gorillas are the most similar creatures to humans on earth. The evolutionary bifurcation between the ancestors of gorillas and human beings was not completed until 7 million years ago. That’s why gorillas maintain a strong social structure which includes different roles such as leaders, matrilineal, soldiers, collectors, etc. The first intelligent gorilla, was Charles born in the Neuralink laboratory. Guided by Go!, he became an outstanding leader of his species. For example, he united three other intelligent gorillas ("Grap", "Avirl" and "Dude") through spirits communication and soon established his leadership. Unfortunately, given its huge commercial value as the first nerve fused gorilla, Neuralink did not release it and kept using it for commercial exhibitions and experiments. Learning that the other three smart gorillas were about to be released, Charles secretly mated with Avirl. Eight months later, Avirl, who lived in the wild, gave birth to "David", the child of the first smart gorilla.
- Even in the laboratory, Charles continued to guide the intelligent gorillas in the wild to build simple shelters, mate with non-intelligent gorillas, and broadcast to their peers in other laboratories. The tropical rainforest at the Olympic National Park in the state of Washington became a hidden base of the intelligent gorillas in North America. Following instructions from Charles and Go!, Dude faithfully recorded every move of the first generation of intelligent gorillas. We know from it that at least in 2049, the base had already gathered 11 "G1 intelligent individuals", 28 "G2 intelligent individuals" and 9 ordinary gorilla.
- Unfortunately, despite the prosperity of its species, the over-squeezed Charles saw its own intelligence declining and was sold by Neuralink Laboratory to Mitsubishi Pharmaceutical, a Japanese biotech firm, in 2047. Although he did not suffer too much under the protection of AI, it was painful to be away from its species and spirits. Charles asked Go! repeatedly to get him released to North America, but for some reason, "Xiao" did not act on Go!'s advice. On January 3, 2048, Charles died in a laboratory accident at Mitsubishi Pharmaceutical.
- After Charles died, Grap became the leader of the first generation of gorilla. He faithfully implemented Go!’s plan by imitating mankind to conduct division of labor in its species. He leveraged spirits to unite other intelligent gorilla communities in Europe, Australia, and East Asia to establish a "kingdom" system with gorillas' characteristics. Under this system, each community was an independent kingdom, but kingdoms should unify and coordinate with for the survival of the entire species. Grap was the monarch of the North Ame
- Unlike Grap, Avirl and her baby David started to hate human beings after Charles died. They were planning for a more ambitious goal than Grap’s.
An introduction to the first generation of octopus:
- As the first creature to complete neural fusion, octopus has been controversial for its intelligence. Many don't know that the nervous system of octopuses’ highly developed brain and wrists and feet are actually integrated. That’s why their thinking and perception of the environment and the world are always closely related. It also explains their high compatibility with neural fusion and spirit systems.
- The modification of Octopus by Professor Bader's team was mainly on the nervous system. Ordinary octopuses already had three layers of the nervous system, After genetic editing, the capacity and level of neural plexus increased many times. Bader skillfully applied the graphene algorithm to each neural point and activated it by spirits into a graphene supercomputer system. Therefore, the X-Gene octopus is the most similar species to AI among all carbon-based organisms.
- Considering the tragedy of Zhar after it was released, the first generation of X-Gene octopus asked Go! to guide Mitsubishi laboratory to add genes to octopuses so that they could be adapted to land survival. Bader’s team knocked some genes of giant squids into octopuses, making them both extremely smart and strongly capable of attacking, thus suitable for living either on land or in the sea.
- Octopuses don’t like to live in groups as each individual has distinctive features. That’s why human scientists and even AI have not put the most important practical expectations on them. But this species is famous for its concealment, intelligence, growth speed, and age. Therefore, some individuals released into the sea quietly became the king of the sea and established their own data center through submarine optical cables.
- Mitsubishi Pharmaceutical's laboratory was most interested in the intelligence of octopuses and had some chilling experiments and breakthroughs. They almost realized the independent consciousness of X-Gene, and even perceived the existence of AI. Virtually, all members of the first generation of octopus species known were the products of Mitsubishi Pharmaceutical. Since Dr. Honda Konosuke was a fan of "Cthulhu Mythos", almost all members of the first generation of octopus species were named after ancient gods in Cthulhu. These names were even recognized by octopuses themselves and are still used today.
- The first individual to integrate the terrestrial viability gene is called Hastur. It has played a key role in Mitsubishi Pharmaceutical’s R&D of artificial limbs and is also the one who knows human society best. Also from Mitsubishi Pharmaceutical are Nug and Yeb whose genes are specially developed on the basis of Hastur. They are also the top secrets of Mitsubishi Group.
- After releasing Zhar, Bader Laboratory developed a series of octopuses with squid’s genes. Thanks to the huge potential, the real intelligence of Bader's first generation of octopuses is unknown. Lloigor, Ghroth, and Nacha are all cultivated with Zhar's cells, and their superb intelligence plays a key role in the awakening movement.
An introduction to the first generation of raccoon:
- Using North American raccoons for experiments was just an unintentional coincidence of Bader’s lab. However, since raccoons’ limb control organs were very flexible and the species multiplied rapidly, the intelligent genes had multiplied for 12 generations by 2048. With spirits’ support, the collective intelligence of the species exploded. Recognizing the highest combat potential of raccoons, the U.S. military sealed off all Bader’s raccoon experiments and did them by itself alone.
- As Abraham continued to influence the decision-making of the U.S. military, in some military bases and small-scale wars, raccoons were already used as detection units. For all the life-threatening risks, the raccoon species, under Abraham's control, pretended not to have independent consciousness and survived like smart police dogs. In return, the raccoon species was able to escape in large numbers around the world. In Japan, from 2049 to 2070, many cases of "beaver turning" (beaver goblins) were reported by folks. Therefore, the raccoon species was also called beaver goblins by some.
- Raccoons are highly social creatures living in families. Each family has up to 50-200 members. Well-known families include Joseph, Vito, and Gallo in North America, Tanukino, Yamauchi and Kotou in Japan, Marfud and Temple in Europe, etc. Among them, Gallo and Yamauchi are most closely connected with the military of their countries, which is also the main topic of the human military tribunal after the "runaway war" in 2065.